Thursday, May 19, 2011

Some summer goals

I have to limit my expectations for the summer. Getting married is taking up all of my free time. I am hoping that between late August and December I'll make lots of progress but until then I'm stuck only being able to squeeze in maybe 30 minutes a week actually coding.

A reasonable goal that will unlock some new projects is to get a handle on dynamic and shared libraries. I've used shared libraries that I like to during compiling, but only because I'm following instructions - not because I know what it's doing.

I think I should make a simple function that just adds two numbers together and try to put that into a .dll and then write another program that dynamically links to that .dll and can use the function. The examples I've seen so far use really unfamiliar data types and macros but it might be Windows-specific stuff that I wouldn't need. I dunno - it looks scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment