Wednesday, May 4, 2011

misc

I used a bit of C programming a work yesterday. There is a C/C++ SDK for accessing the data coming into the system on the fly and someone was saying one of the functions for returning the currently selected (in the UI) channel wasn't working. I was able to make a very small (~12 line) program to test that function myself. Turns out it doesn't work in some situations, but it's a known limitation that doesn't have a workaround. I wouldn't have been able to do that even a few months ago - not because it was difficult code (it's just a few lines and a function that returns an int) but because it requires linking to a library which up until recently I wasn't sure how to do. I'm still a bit shaky and I let the IDE do the hard part, but it's still more advanced than what I could do before.

No comments:

Post a Comment