Monday, May 16, 2011

200

200 posts, cool!

I did some more of the GTK book. In the spirit of full disclosure I skipped a minor part about packing buttons in a vertical pane one way instead of the other. It seemed somewhat redundant. I have a feeling the self test part of this chapter will require that knowledge (if the prior chapter was any indication of how those tend to go). Anyhow, section 3-3 was taking a gtkcontainer and packing in "panes" separated by a vertical line that you can grab to resize the two spaces. Cool stuff (not screenshot-worthy, however).

The next section is about tables and I think this will really get me going. Finally it's getting into laying things out and making something that looks like a UI.

EDIT: Ok, screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6QvgV.png

No comments:

Post a Comment