Monday, May 2, 2011

another project idea

I have more ideas than time/energy to do them.

It would be cool to make a "Life" clone. I've somewhat worked out in my head how to do it, but the edge cases (literally, the cases of the cells around the edges) don't work in my head as I'd want them to. I'll draw it out sometime this week.

I've come up with a roadmap of sorts to Wumpus but it seems useless to write it out without even picking a graphics library to work with. I'm very tempted to just use OpenGL since there is a mountain of tutorials. SDL is a close second but it seems that OpenGL+SDL is a very common cross-platform method with SDL handling input/timing/audio and OpenGL handling video.

You know what? How about this. Put Wumpus away for a few weeks and just see if I can install and compile a few OpenGL versions of "hello world" and see how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment