Monday, March 28, 2011

wrong tree

Well... I got SOME into what I was trying to do:

http://imgur.com/5g351

See.. I have this function that GETS the data, and I wanted to pass that data to another function that does the actual plotting but as you know passing arrays out of a function is...... complicated. Not impossible - just prone to making me cross-eyed.

I decided to just embed the plotting functionality into the reader function. I'm glad I did because I ran into a limitation of the plotting library I'm using. See, the library is actually writing temp files and then calling GnuPlot to read those temp files. I'm having it read the data and plot it fast fast fast (no timing restrictions imposed) and I think it's choking. What you can't see in the screenshot is the waveforms coming in one after the other (each erasing the last - cool effect I guess) but you also can't see the console dumping a lot of "can't read temp file" messages that I think GnuPlot is saying. I THINK I know why this is, but I'm too tired to bump up the temp files allowed number.

I think I've satisfied my curiosity on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment