Sunday, March 20, 2011

Security camera todo

Now that I've got basic functionality in place, here is a list of what I want to do next:

1) On start look for a directory of today's date and put the pictures there (and if it's not there, create it)

2) Timed start/stop so that it runs from 9am-6pm (for example)

3) Create a log of pictures taken (might be helpful for debugging if the log says pics were taken but no pics show up)

4) IF I can get the camera resolution to increase I'll try to figure out a way to add a date/time watermark


The hardest one of those will be the first one since I'll have to figure out how to detect if a directory already exists and then create it if not and then use it in the file save path. It's OS specific (based on my quick glance at the docs) and might be tricky.

That should cover the rest of the day and my C vacation will be over. If I decide to circle back and work on this some more I'm going to try to apply better "pythony" structure to the program.

I'm only scratching the surface of what OpenCV can do. It looks like there are some pretty canned functions for motion/face detection so I could probably play with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment