Monday, June 13, 2011

catching static

I figured now would be a good time to push my knowledge a bit. Project Euler is great for learning how to think logically and apply math, but it's not enriching my knowledge of the language or compiler much.

I've decided to put my prime finder function into a static library. In fact I might put several versions of it in one library (the brute force, the only-odds, the square root method, etc).

I ran a quick test today of putting a function to print "Hello World" in a library, and then in a new project linking against that library to get access to that function. It worked just fine but it seems like a hollow victory because XCode makes it pretty easy. I might do this one via command line just to make sure I'm following the whole process. Haven't decided yet.

UPDATE: In short...

No comments:

Post a Comment