Friday, December 10, 2010

Error error

I haven't gotten behind a keyboard to get some coding in since last weekend.

Something embarrassing happened over the weekend while I was working on my program for reading files. When running the program through Code Blocks it would work great, but if I dropped to terminal and tried to run it I kept getting "file not found". I figured it was the terminal saying that it couldn't find my program and I spent about fifteen minutes fussing with permissions and checking to see what commands Code Blocks was doing that I wasn't when it finally dawned on me what was happening. "file not found" is the error message I wrote into the code for when it couldn't find my test file.

duuuuurrrrrrrrp

I copied my file into the same directory as the program and it worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment