Sunday, November 28, 2010

wasn't too hard

I got my "most advanced program ever" to work on the Linux box. It was trivial since it's very straightforward - I didn't have to change anything.

This is the program that reads the file format that the company I work for uses. I wish I could have found a different data set to work with since I use this as a bit of an escape from work, but it's helped me a fair bit in my job to know how to do it so I'll roll with it.

The file format holds data collected from a machine that is digitizing an analog signal coming from a filter/amp box, data in the form of single timestamps (events) and chopped up segments of the previously mentioned analog data (waveforms).

I think my next task will be to read in one of those data types into an array or some other data structure. It's tricky because this file format isn't "in order" so I have to parse through the entire thing to pick out what I want. Not very efficient after the fact but it makes things faster at the time of recording since the recording program can just dump whatever data it has as it gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment