Monday, October 25, 2010

other things

I wish I'd have made this journal more general. There are other things I'm doing to better myself (cooking, for example) that I'd like to document. I've been keeping my notes in a document online, but this format would have done nicely as well.

Another topic I've struggled with my whole life is mathematics. I wonder what would happen if I tackled linear algebra or calculus on my own and documented my progress. It's worked so far with C programming. The only limitation seems to be time.

I'd also like to get in shape physically, learn how to play guitar beyond just chords, learn to play piano (again), and get a grip on analog circuitry (filters, power supplies, etc).

C comes first. It's something I have a lot of momentum behind right now and it's pretty relevant to my career (although more my future career plans than my current gig).

Calculus/Linear algebra might be a great companion project once I get over the C hump. Learning to program filters or doing statistics in code would definitely be a valuable tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment