Sunday, October 17, 2010

gtk+ installed

It took some doing, but I have the GTK+ packages going, and I was able to compile and run the sample program that Code Blocks defaults to.

Everything worked as I expected it to except for one thing: to run my program I had to copy a whole mess of .dll files from the GTK+ library. Does this mean that if I write a program I'd have to include a dozen .dll files in the root with the program itself? How do I tell it to maybe look in a different directory?

I need to find a small program that uses GTK+ that someone else did to see how they do it.

Anyways, big moment for me. I installed and compiled against a GUI toolkit. Not easy... but now I think I have a handle on how to do it to any arbitrary packaged library out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment