Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Updates

I went through and tagged most of my Project Euler related posts. The final code, code that was related (like preliminary prime finder code), any rigorous pre-code discussion was tagged. I didn't tag a lot of the work-in-progress code since it's just unfinished final code that isn't all that useful to review.

The wife wanted me scarce while she studied so I went up to the office and knocked out a lot of Project Euler 13. I should have final code this week. It's a really interesting problem because it deals with adding numbers that can't be stored in even a 128-bit integer, and as a result it's forced me to really hash out what it means to add large numbers in a methodical fashion, which I worked out on paper first.

While going through and tagging my posts I realized that I only started the PE problems in February of this year. I'll probably get through a few more so that would make around 14 problems done this year. That doesn't seem like a lot but it's 14 more than I could have done when I first started learning C so I'll take it as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment