Wednesday, July 13, 2011

moving

The move derailed my programming progress but everything is back in place and my internet connection is restored so I think I'll be continuing soon after this weekend.

I've given more thought to how to handle the Python case manager in a OO way. I had a column of database information that contained slash-delineated items and the tag column that had space-delineated items. I realized if I made them both space-delineated I could have a class for storing each item into a list (or array or whatever Python data type is best) and then have a subclass that inherits that feature and adds functions specific for the database info and another class that has specific functions for the tag info. This way if I ever have any other space-delineated items I'll always have the class for handling that which I can add on to with a sub-class (or... whatever it's called in OO terminology).

EDIT: I've been all talk and no code for WEEKS now, which is double shameful with Python since it's quick and easy to prototype something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment